The 916 Series high watt density draft barrier heater is designed to be a perfect fit under any large window to help prevent cold downdrafts. This heater can ensure that it will provide total or supplemental heating for a variety of applications.
All units may be wall mounted or installed on the floor using pedestal kits. Custom lengths, blank sections and inside or outside corners are available for wall-to-wall installations. Units may be ordered with smooth painted finish when the back of the heater is visible.
There are options to match any décor to fit in with your overall design of your home. White and almond are standard colors and we offer a wide range of optional colors and custom finishes, including anodized aluminum.
Here is a list of the standard construction features:
- Heating Elements: Two stainless steel elements with aluminum fins float on high temperature nylon bushings for quiet operation. The average watt density is 355 W/ft. (1165 W/m).
- Housing: The cabinet is constructed of 18-gauge steel with a 14-gauge aluminum front and top covers. The unit has a polyester powder paint finish in white or almond. End caps are provided on all units.
- Inlet/Outlet Grilles: The fresh air inlet is located on the bottom of the unit. The top outlet grille has openings less than 0.25” to discourage tampering with the heating element (pencil-proof).
- Built-in Controls: Linear limit, automatic reset thermal cutout.
- Electrical Connection: Each heater has a junction box located at the right end and a built-in full length wireway. Separate low voltage wireway is available.
- Installation Requirements: Minimum installation height above the floor is 3”. Field or factory-installed low voltage relay and thermostat kits fit into the right-hand junction box only.
Heaters can be used in these types of applications:
- Commercial Buildings
- Shopping Centers
If you would like to speak to a Heatrex representative about how 916 Series High Watt Density Draft Barrier may be a fit for you, please visit us at www.heatrex.com.